Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Cytotec is what??

Uhhh so with all that I have learned this one is something that really bothers me more then anything. OK I know that so many meds are used off label but are perfectly OK to do so.But Cytotec is not one of these. It is an ulcer med that too many Ob's across the country are using to induce labor. OK first of all induction is already not a good idea unless there is a true medical need to get the baby out but then again if the baby is in that bad of shape would they really be able to handle the induction process?? So once learning of the use of Cytotec and all the agencies who are against its off label use to induce including the FDA, AAP, AAFPD and the Manufacturer themselves! I felt like I wanted to ripe my hair out. Why do they think its OK when there have been numerous bad outcomes that could have been prevented all for the sake of being able to schedule birth!??? Finally a news channel picked it up and brought it to light. The whole time I am watching this I am cheering and soo happy that finally someone is paying attention to the unneeded horrors that are done not only to pregnant women but laboring women and babies! Now if only a national show would pick this up and really shed light on the truth about birth in America!

No comments: